WISE OWL EXERCISES
SSRS REPORTING SERVICES EXERCISES
- Designing a Simple Report (3)
- Data sources and datasets (1)
- Tables (5)
- Grouping tables (6)
- Expressions (8)
- Pages and printing (2)
- Parameters (15)
- Indicators (3)
- Gauges (4)
- Matrices (5)
- Charts (6)
- Data bars and sparklines (2)
- Lists (4)
- Subreports (2)
- Revision of expressions (3)
- Variables (3)
- Embedding code (3)
- Basic Custom Assemblies (2)
- Examples of custom assemblies (1)
- Customising reports (2)
- Using SQL views (3)
- Stored procedures in SSRS (2)
- Stored procedure parameters (2)
- Dropdowns with procedures (3)
- Multivalue parameter procedures (1)
- Improving report navigation (2)
- Linking reports (drilldown) (4)
- Dynamic reports (2)
SSRS Reporting Services | Customising reports exercise | Create a template report for the Wombles
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the relevant Wise Owl course (sadly, only in the UK for now).
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
You have been appointed chief IT Officer for Uncle Bulgaria. Your first (and, perhaps, only) task is to create a template for all Wombling reports:
Uncle Bulgaria wants all reports to start life like this.
Here's what the Wombles template should look like (you can add .PNG images from the folder above to get the logos):
By default all reports have the two logos shown, and the date of printing.
The template should also:
- set the report page set-up to be landscape, with margins of 1cm on all sides (Wombles hate wasting paper, as you might expect);
- include a default data source linking to the Movies database; and
- include a default dataset showing all English language U certificate films (Wombles can be parochial).
Try creating the following report based on your template (it should take seconds!):
A report based on the Wombles template, listing out all of the films in the default dataset.
Close all of your reports!