WISE OWL EXERCISES
VISUAL C# EXERCISES
- Creating forms (4)
- Coding form events (1)
- Laying out your code (2)
- C# variables (4)
- Enumerations and constants (2)
- Conditions (2)
- Modular code (3)
- Arrays (2)
- Looping (2)
- Files and folders (3)
- Properties in C# (3)
- Using lists (3)
- Validating forms (6)
- Toolbars, menus and status bars (1)
- FileDialogs and StreamReaders (1)
- Debugging and trapping errors (1)
- Introduction to DataGridViews (1)
- DataGridView events (3)
- Complex DataGridViews (2)
- Creating classes (4)
- The form as a class (1)
- Data structures (6)
- Inheritance (5)
- Interfaces (2)
- Delegates and events (2)
- Writing LINQ (2)
- Advanced LINQ (2)
- Entity Frameworks (1)
- LINQ with Entity Frameworks (4)
- Grouping using LINQ (2)
- LINQ to SQL (2)
Visual C# | Using lists exercise | Import a text file into a list, and show it in output window
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
The folder shown above contains a text file called Threats.txt.
Create a new form which:
- creates a new list to contain the names of the threats;
- opens the text file shown above for reading;
- reads through it line by line, adding each line to the list you've created;
- sorts the resulting list; then
- sets it to be the data source of the list box.
After running your program, you should see something like this:
It doesn't matter what your form looks like, as long as the list is created OK.
Close your application down, and contemplate what your list would look like!