- Access exercises (91)
- C# exercises (79)
- Excel exercises (278)
- Power Apps exercises (13)
- Power Automate exercises (18)
- Power BI exercises (139)
- Power Platform exercises ()
- Python exercises (28)
- Report Builder exercises (141)
- SQL exercises (198)
- SSAS exercises (51)
- SSIS exercises (46)
- SSRS exercises (99)
- VBA exercises (85)
- Visual Basic exercises (46)
EXCEL VBA MACROS EXERCISES▼
Excel VBA Macros | Recording macros and buttons exercise | Maze -Recording
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Open the file found in the folder above.
Record 4 macros to work as follows:
- A new macro called Down, such that when you press CTRL + SHIFT + D the macro takes you down one cell.
- A new macro called Up, such that when you press CTRL + SHIFT + U the macro takes you up one cell.
- A new macro called Left, such that when you press CTRL + SHIFT + L the macro takes you left one cell.
- A new macro called Right, such that when you press CTRL + SHIFT + R the macro takes you right one cell.
Test your macros out by starting in cell B2 and pressing the appropriate sequence of keys:
The first sequence of keys is:CTRL + SHIFT + D
Now record a fifth macro called Cheat, which takes you straight to the cell containing the gold, regardless of your current starting position.
Think carefully about whether you should be recording in relative or absolute mode.
Add some buttons to your workbook to make these macros easier to run:
The buttons do not have to be perfectly aligned.
Save your amended workbook as Maze with Macros & close it down.