- Excel basics (1)
- Creating formulae (5)
- Formatting worksheets (9)
- Basic printing (8)
- Charts (10)
- Absolute references (9)
- Range names (13)
- Conditional formulae (17)
- Conditional formatting (7)
- Basic tables (6)
- Formatting numbers and dates (3)
- Working with dates (1)
- Data validation (6)
- Protection (1)
- Advanced IFs (6)
- Lookup functions (14)
- Advanced lookup functions (9)
- Text functions (1)
- Advanced charts (4)
- Multiple worksheets (1)
- Advanced tables (2)
- Pivot tables (3)
- Advanced pivot tables (3)
- Scenarios (2)
- Data tables (2)
- Array formulae (2)
- Building models (2)
- Masking (2)
- Cashflow calculations (1)
- Investment appraisal (1)
Excel | Advanced tables exercise | Playground - Subtotals
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You can learn how to do this exercise if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Open the file contained within the folder name shown above.
First sort the table into Site Type order.
Use the Subtotals menu to find:
- The average number of days until the next check for each site type;
- The average Swings score for each site type;
- The average Slides score for each site type; and
- The average Rocker score for each site type.
The Mixed group average number of days till the next check is much higher than the other categories - expand just this category to find out why.
You can see the average figures for each type of playground.
Change the subtotals so that they now show:
- The lowest scores for each type of site for swings;
- The lowest scores for each type of site for slides; and
- The lowest scores for each type of site for rockers.
Your subtotals should now appear like this:
I hope these playgrounds will be shut until safety improvements are made!
Use Save As... to save the file in your own new Excel work folder.