REPORTING SERVICES VIDEOS
- SSRS Part 1 - Getting started with a new report project
- SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets
- SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
- SSRS Part 4 - Keeping column headings visible on each page
- SSRS Part 5 - Controlling the number of rows on a page
- SSRS Part 6 - Grouping in tables
- SSRS Part 7 - Creating calculated fields
- SSRS Part 8 - Conditional formatting
- SSRS Part 9 - Indicators
- SSRS Part 10 - Gauges
- SSRS Part 11 - Basic parameters
- SSRS Part 12 - Drop down list parameters
- SSRS Part 13 - Null values in parameters
- SSRS Part 14 - Cascading parameters
- SSRS Part 15 - Matrices
- SSRS Part 16 - Lists
- SSRS Part 17 - Linked reports
- SSRS Part 18 - Charts
- SSRS Part 19 - Subreports
- SSRS Part 20 - Basic Maps
- SSRS Part 21 - Pivot Table / Dynamic Matrix
- SSRS Part 22 - Document Maps
- SSRS Part 23 - Report Variables and Group Variables
- SSRS Part 24 - Report Templates
- SSRS Part 25 - Adding Code to Reports
- SSRS Part 26 - Custom Assemblies
VIDEOS BY AUTHOR
VIDEOS BY YEAR
Reporting Services videos | SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets
Posted by Andrew Gould on 24 July 2012
Learn how to create data sources and datasets in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This video teaches you how to link your Report Server project to a database by creating a data source and how to create datasets to extract specific information from the database. We'll teach you the difference between shared and embedded data sources and datasets and show you how to use the Query Designer tool to make your life simple when it comes to building queries.
You can play this video on SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets here (see viewing hints below also).
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.