Save money and protect your training budget
There's so much to like about our pre-paid training vouchers!
- You save up to 15% on all your Wise Owl training courses
- Ring-fence your technical training budget
- View reports of all of your Wise Owl spending online
- Reclaim any unspent money at any time (subject to a handling fee)
There are 3 levels of pre-paid vouchers available:
- Single payment of £5,000 to £9,999
- Bookings against the voucher discounted by 5%
- Single payment of £10,000 to £19,999
- Bookings against the voucher discounted by 10%
- Single payment of £20,000 or more
- Bookings against the voucher discounted by 15%
How do I buy vouchers?▼
To buy a pre-paid training voucher, you'll first need to create an account on our website (or log in if you've already done this). We'll then ask you to provide:
- Your name, contact phone number and email address
- The name and address of the organisation for which you work
- The value of voucher you wish to buy
- Whether you want to pay by credit card online or by invoice
- The people in your organisation you want to authorise to book training using this voucher
Once your payment has been received, you'll be free to book courses as normal, with one pleasant difference - just before check-out a discount will be applied!
You're also welcome to arrange to buy a voucher over the phone or by email (in either case we'll then send you an invoice by email). Use whichever method you feel most comfortable with!
How do the discounts work?▼
Let's suppose you buy two vouchers:
- A voucher for £6,000 (plus VAT); then
- A voucher for £12,000 (plus VAT) a month later.
You book a suite of training courses for a total price of £20,000 plus VAT. We will always apply vouchers in the order in which they were purchased. In this example we would therefore calculate your invoice as follows:
|Voucher||Discount||Amount covered||Left to pay|
We would therefore invoice you for £350.88 (+ VAT), giving you a total saving in this case of £1,649.12, or 8.25%.
Do I need to pay VAT on vouchers▼
Because we're raising an invoice we will have to charge VAT on pre-payment vouchers (unless you're exempt from VAT), although obviously you'll be able to reclaim this as normal.
What happens to unused vouchers?▼
It's up to you! Our vouchers have no expiry date, so you can roll them forward from one financial year to the next without charge (indeed, without doing anything: this will happen automatically).
You can at any time reclaim any unspent amount from pre-paid vouchers, subject to a 10% handling fee. Using the example from above, suppose that you've bought a voucher for £10,000 plus VAT, but only used it to book three courses for £2,900 plus VAT each. You realise you're not going to need the outstanding amount and ask us to refund it. Here's how we'll calculate the balance to be repaid (all figures net of VAT):
|3 courses @ £2,900 each||(£8,700.00)||(£8,265.00)||£1,735.00|
|Handling fee: 10%||(£173.50)||£1,561.50|
So for this example you would receive a credit note for £1,561.50 plus VAT (interestingly, even after this you would still have saved £261.50 on your training). Note that we won't do partial refunds (it would just be too complicated to handle in our system).
What reports can I get?▼
We will email you once a month with a report showing the history of your account. You will also be able to log on to our website at any time to get an up-to-date report showing this information. We will be updating this page before the end of January 2021, once this upgrade to our systems is complete.
Any other terms and conditions I should know about?▼
Only one. The COVID pandemic has proved that it's impossible to predict the future, so we reserve the right at any time to refund any unused vouchers in full should it prove necessary. We've been in business nearly 30 years and plan to be around for at least another 30 more, so we think it's unlikely this clause will ever be needed ... but just in case!