ALL SOFTWARE EXERCISES
- EXERCISES HOME PAGE (827)
- Access 2010 (66)
- Access VBA Macros (17)
- Advanced VBA (29)
- Excel 2010 (83)
- Excel 2013 (10)
- Excel 2016 (0)
- Excel VBA Macros (37)
- Power BI - Excel 2013 (25)
- Power BI - Excel 2016 (23)
- Power BI Desktop (26)
- PowerPivot 2010 (26)
- Report Builder 3.0 (42)
- SQL (156)
- SSAS - multidimensional (21)
- SSAS - tabular (29)
- SSIS Integration Services (40)
- SSRS 2016 (14)
- SSRS Reporting Services (53)
- Visual Basic (45)
- Visual C Sharp (65)
- WPF - Visual C# (20)
SSAS - MULTIDIMENSIONAL EXERCISES
Exercise: Parent-child hiearchy to show Amy Winehouse sales
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
The aim of this exercise is to be able to filter a cube to show total sales for all of the store managers reporting to Amy Winehouse, the manager for the London region:
The filter you should see for your cube
The start of your cube should look like this:
The store managers should appear in alphabetical order
If yoiu're using Analysis Services 2012 or later, you'll need to analyse your cube in Excel to see a pivot-table-style view of it similar to the one shown above.
To achieve this:
- Include the dimStaff, dimStore and msrTransaction views in a data source view
- Create the relationships you need (including a self-join for the dimStaff table)
- Create and customise dimensions for stores and staff
- Create the cube as shown above, using the Quantity column as the measure
When you've finished (!), save and close all open windows.