ALL SOFTWARE EXERCISES
- EXERCISES HOME PAGE (813)
- Access 2010 (66)
- Access VBA Macros (17)
- Advanced VBA (29)
- Excel 2010 (83)
- Excel 2013 (10)
- Excel 2016 (0)
- Excel VBA Macros (37)
- Power BI - Excel 2013 (25)
- Power BI - Excel 2016 (23)
- Power BI Desktop (26)
- PowerPivot 2010 (26)
- Report Builder 3.0 (42)
- SQL (156)
- SSAS - multidimensional (21)
- SSAS - tabular (29)
- SSIS Integration Services (40)
- SSRS Reporting Services (53)
- Visual Basic (45)
- Visual C Sharp (65)
- WPF - Visual C# (20)
ACCESS VBA MACROS EXERCISES
Exercise: Macros to add, edit and delete records
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Have a look at the table tblLanguage:
It's not clear what the rating means - but fortunately it doesn't matter!
Create a module called modRecordsets.
Within this new module, create 3 new procedures as follows:
- One called AddLanguages to add Latin (rating 2) and Swedish (rating 1) to the table
- One called DeleteBadLanguages to delete any languages with rating of 2 or less from the table
- One called UpdateRatings which increases the rating of every "good" language (ie of every language with a rating of 5 or more) by 1 whenever you run the procedure
Be very careful when you run the program to delete bad languages that it doesn't delete all of them - it might be an idea to step through your macro at this point!
Save and close your module.