Job specification for trainee IT trainer position
Successful candidates for our trainee IT trainer job will be expected to:
- Successfully complete our 4-6 week trainee programme (including attending First Aid at Work and Manual Handling courses if appropriate) in your initial trial period.
- Develop, attain and maintain a high standard of all the skills necessary to deliver a Wise Owl IT training course.
- Deliver scheduled and tailored IT training courses at our premises and various UK-wide locations and follow our what-to-do lists for each venue.
- Liaise with clients for tailored training courses.
- Make your own travel and accommodation arrangements (trains, hotels).
- Enter all expenses into our in-house expenses system.
- Prepare all course materials for each training course.
- Write after-course reports as required.
- Keep up to date with new software releases.
- Learn/develop/prepare new courses as and when required.
- Optionally, develop skills as a technical documentation author to help write the company software training manuals and exercises.
- Optionally, write training blogs for our website.
- Deliver other training and consultancy services as may be required from time to time.
- Occasionally answer telephone and email enquiries from clients and enter the details into WOMBAT, our internal system.
- Help train new trainee trainers.
This isn't necessarily a comprehensive list, but is intended to give you an idea of what we expect. You can learn more about what life as an owl would be like here.