- Simple Queries (4)
- Setting criteria using WHERE (5)
- Calculations (7)
- Calculations using dates (4)
- Basic joins (8)
- More exotic joins (2)
- Aggregation and grouping (8)
- Views (5)
- Subqueries (5)
- Stored procedures (5)
- Variables (8)
- Parameters and return values (11)
- Testing conditions (1)
- Looping (3)
- Scalar functions (6)
- Transactions (5)
- Creating tables (5)
- Temporary tables and table variables (9)
- Table-valued functions (6)
- Derived tables and CTEs (13)
- Dynamic SQL (4)
- Pivots (2)
- Triggers (2)
- Archived (70)
SQL | Archived exercise | Show events from 2 possible sets
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
If you haven't already done so, run the script in the above folder to generate the HistoricalEvents database.
Create a query to show all events which satisfy either (or both!) of the following criteria:
- The event took place in any country apart from 17 (the UK) in the year 2001; or
- The event took place in any of countries 3, 5 or 7 (Canada, the EU or Germany, as it happens), but doesn't have a U in its name
Use the IN keyword for the second criteria.
Your query should show the following 10 records:
The events are shown here in date order
Save this query as Lots of criteria.sql, then close it down.