- Simple Queries (4)
- Setting criteria using WHERE (5)
- Calculations (7)
- Calculations using dates (4)
- Basic joins (8)
- More exotic joins (2)
- Aggregation and grouping (8)
- Views (5)
- Subqueries (5)
- Stored procedures (5)
- Variables (8)
- Parameters and return values (11)
- Testing conditions (1)
- Looping (3)
- Scalar functions (6)
- Transactions (5)
- Creating tables (5)
- Temporary tables and table variables (9)
- Table-valued functions (6)
- Derived tables and CTEs (13)
- Dynamic SQL (4)
- Pivots (2)
- Triggers (2)
- Archived (70)
SQL | Archived exercise | Various WHERE clauses in queries
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You can learn how to do this exercise on the relevant Wise Owl classroom training course (sadly for the moment only in the UK).
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
If you haven't already got it set up in SQL server, restore the Historical Events database from the above folder.
Create as many of the following queries as you have time for:
- A query called Null Countries to show that the only two countries where the ContinentId field is blank are Iraq and World
- A query called TV but not BBC which shows that there are 7 events in the tblEvent table whose names contain the letters TV but not BBC
- A query called Birth month events.sql which shows all the events which took place in your month of birth (ie whose date was on or after the first date of your birth month, and before or on the last day of your birth month)
- A query called Ecumenical query which shows that there are 6 events where the Description field includes either the word Pope or the word Islam
Save and close any queries you have open.