WISE OWL EXERCISES
- Creating formulae (5)
- Formatting worksheets (7)
- Basic printing (8)
- Charts (10)
- Absolute references (9)
- Range names (13)
- Conditional formulae (17)
- Conditional formatting (7)
- Basic tables (6)
- Formatting numbers and dates (3)
- Working with dates (1)
- Data validation (6)
- Protection (1)
- Advanced IFs (6)
- Lookup functions (14)
- Advanced lookup functions (9)
- Text functions (1)
- Advanced charts (4)
- Multiple worksheets (1)
- Advanced tables (2)
- Pivot tables (3)
- Advanced pivot tables (3)
- Scenarios (2)
- Data tables (2)
- Array formulae (2)
- Building models (2)
- Masking (2)
- Cashflow calculations (1)
- Investment appraisal (1)
Excel | Masking exercise | Creating a tax holiday mask in XL 07
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You can learn how to do this exercise if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Your celebrity lives in Azergolia, where the tax regime is as follows:
- All inhabitants pay tax at a flat rate of 20% on the difference between their revenue and costs for each month. If they spend more than they earn, they pay no tax.
- All inhabitants can designate one month of the year to be a tax holiday, in which no tax is payable.
Open the workbook in the folder above, and add the following inputs:
The tax holiday month can be any number from 1 to 12
In the calculations sheet, calculate:
- The tax that should be paid each month
- A mask specifying for each month whether it is a tax holiday or not
- The actual tax paid for each month
Your final answer should look like this:
When net revenue is negative, your star pays no tax
You should solve this without using the IF function once!
Save the workbook with the same name, then close it down.