WISE OWL EXERCISES
- Creating formulae (5)
- Formatting worksheets (7)
- Basic printing (8)
- Charts (10)
- Absolute references (9)
- Range names (13)
- Conditional formulae (17)
- Conditional formatting (7)
- Basic tables (6)
- Formatting numbers and dates (3)
- Working with dates (1)
- Data validation (6)
- Protection (1)
- Advanced IFs (6)
- Lookup functions (14)
- Advanced lookup functions (9)
- Text functions (1)
- Advanced charts (4)
- Multiple worksheets (1)
- Advanced tables (2)
- Pivot tables (3)
- Advanced pivot tables (3)
- Scenarios (2)
- Data tables (2)
- Array formulae (2)
- Building models (2)
- Masking (2)
- Cashflow calculations (1)
- Investment appraisal (1)
Excel | Basic tables exercise | Dinosaur Filtering in Tables
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You can learn how to do this exercise if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Open the file in the folder shown above:
Thankfully for your trainer, the pronunciation is included
You should find that the spreadsheet has 3 identical sheets, named Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3. On consecutive sheets, convert the data to a table
Now apply filtering as follows:
- On Part 1, filter the Table to show dinosaurs that existed in the Cretaceous period, were not carnivores, were less then 2 metres in height and weighed between 10 and 100 Kg.
- On Part 2, filter the Table to show the Jurassic beasts. Then filter further to find the Top 50% based upon Length.
- Lastly, on Part 3, find the Bird-hipped dinosaurs that have the word "tooth" somewhere in the Meaning of Name field.
When you have finished, save your file as Grrrrrrr