WISE OWL EXERCISES
VISUAL C# EXERCISES
- Creating forms (4)
- Coding form events (1)
- Laying out your code (2)
- C# variables (4)
- Enumerations and constants (2)
- Conditions (2)
- Modular code (3)
- Arrays (2)
- Looping (2)
- Files and folders (3)
- Properties in C# (3)
- Using lists (3)
- Validating forms (6)
- Toolbars, menus and status bars (1)
- FileDialogs and StreamReaders (1)
- Debugging and trapping errors (1)
- Introduction to DataGridViews (1)
- DataGridView events (3)
- Complex DataGridViews (2)
- Creating classes (2)
- The form as a class (1)
- Data structures (4)
- Inheritance (4)
- Interfaces (2)
- Delegates and events (2)
- Writing LINQ (1)
- Advanced LINQ (3)
- LINQ to SQL models (1)
- Writing LINQ to SQL (2)
- Grouping using LINQ (2)
Visual C# | Validating forms exercise | Use an ErrorProvider control in a form
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Add the existing form called frmNewHeart from the folder above into your project (or use a version you've already created).
Add an ErrorProvider control called errTypical to your form.
Add code to the Validating and Validated events of the two text boxes so that:
- the ErrorProvider control displays Enter a name next to the name if you leave it blank; and
- the ErrorProvider controls displays Enter an age or Enter a valid age next to the age, if you either leave it blank or enter something which isn't a number
Here's what you should see if you leave the age blank:
Katie has left her age blank
Check everything is working OK, then close down your form.