BLOGS BY TOPIC▼
BLOGS BY AUTHOR▼
BLOGS BY YEAR▼
Posted by Andy Brown on 29 October 2021
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our blogs. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
November 2021 competition: a logic puzzle
Five entrepreneurs are planning missions to the solar system with the companies they've set up, to set off in consecutive years (the planets are listed in order of distance from the sun - or just remember that My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Noodles).
Given the information below, see if you can work out who is going where, and when:
- Beryl is going further out from the sun than Green Shoots are, and setting off later than them.
- Bill's company is going one planet further out from the sun than Galactic Greyhounds.
- Neither Bob nor Bharat run companies with animals in their names.
- The mission to Uranus leaves 3 years before Bea's company Verging in Space sets off.
- Space Z aren't going to Mars, aren't run by Bharat and aren't setting off in an even-numbered year.
- Bea will set off before Bob, and travel further.
You may find this grid useful:
To enter the competition, just let us know who will travel to Jupiter, when, and with which company. Send your answer by the last week in November to:
The email address to use.
The first correct entry opened by our ERNIE (our Excel Random Number Independent Evaluator) will win a £50 Amazon voucher and a mention in our next newsletter (the publicity from which may allow the winner to launch a successful career as a YouTube influencer or other social media star. Maybe).