BLOGS BY TOPIC▼
BLOGS BY AUTHOR▼
BLOGS BY YEAR▼
Posted by Andy Brown on 02 June 2021
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our blogs. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
June 2021 Wise Owl Newsletter Competition
Coincidentally, five work colleagues in Owlton received their first COVID jab on consecutive days last week - your task is to work out everyone's ages, and who received which jab, and when. Here are some facts to help you:
- The oldest person got vaccinated first, but the youngest person didn't get vaccinated last (or on the Wednesday, for that matter).
- Cyril and Henry each self-administered one of the two "alternative" vaccines (ie not Astra Zeneca, Moderna or Pfizer), and in that chronological order (although not necessarily on consecutive days).
- No females are under 50, and no males had their jabs on a Thursday.
- Anthea is younger than the person who got the Pfizer vaccine.
- The 39-year-old injected himself with disinfectant on a Friday (and is now recovering in hospital).
- The Hydroxychloroquine and Moderna vaccines were not delivered on consecutive days.
You may find it helpful to fill in the grid below to help work out who received which vaccine, and when (you can download an Excel version of this grid here):
Use this grid to help!
To enter this month's competition simply answer these two questions:
- What day did Robert have his vaccine?
- How old is Cyril?
Email your answers to the address below no later than Monday 28th June to be entered into WISHES (Wiseowl's Impartial Sorting Hat - Excel Spreadsheet).
Send your answers to this address.
The first correct answer will win a £50 Amazon voucher and - at your discretion - lasting fame by being mentioned in our next newsletter.
On a side note, if you can think of any new witty acronyms for our sorting hat, please do send them - I'm running out of ideas!