BLOGS BY TOPIC▼
BLOGS BY AUTHOR▼
BLOGS BY YEAR▼
This month introduces a smorgasbord of small but useful updates, including the ability to hide pages, colour data labels and to set the anchor (from) date for a relative date slicer.
- January 2018 updates for Power BI Desktop
- Features in preview for the January 2018 update
- Showing and hiding pages (this blog)
- Changing the background colour of data labels
- Changing the areas of a chart assigned to labels and bars
- Anchor dates for relative date slicers
Posted by Andy Brown on 11 January 2018
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our blogs. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Showing and hiding pages
In Excel you can hide worksheets. You can now do something similar with report pages:
You can right-click on a report page to hide it.
A hidden report page appears in grey:
How the page appears after you've hidden it.
As well as allowing you to hide pages which you're still testing, this also allows you to hide pages which you wouldn't normally want a user to visit (such as those used for bookmarks and drill-through).