BLOGS BY TOPIC▼
BLOGS BY AUTHOR▼
BLOGS BY YEAR▼
A summary of the most important changes for Power BI Desktop users in the February 2017 update.
- Power BI Desktop - February Update
- Word wrap within matrix row and column headers
- Changing the font size in chart axes (this blog)
- Setting a minimum category width for some charts
- Controlling the width of lines in line charts
- Showing percentages as quick calculations
Posted by Andy Brown on 16 February 2017
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our blogs. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Changing the font size in chart axes
You can now change the font size for axes, as this horrible chart shows!
Just because you can make axis titles this big, doesn't mean you should ...
Here's the slider for the X axis title size:
The Y axis title text size slider is very similar!
Apparently this is "one of the most asked for formatting features". I think I'd have chosen the ability to change the title text before this!
One interesting feature of this change is that the Y axis title font size seems to apply to the scale as well as to the title, as the example at the top of this page shows.