SQL SERVER 2016 VIDEOS
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 1 - Installing SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 2 - Using Configuration Manager and Management Studio
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 3 - System Databases, Backing Up and Restoring
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 4 - Databases, Logins, Users, Roles and Schemas
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 5 - Basic Table Design, Data Types and Constraints
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 6 - Designing and Creating Relational Databases
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 7 - Computed Columns
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 8 - The Wise Owl Movies Database
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 9 - Installing SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
VIDEOS BY AUTHOR
VIDEOS BY YEAR
SQL Server 2016 videos | SQL Server 2016 Pt 6 - Designing and Creating Relational Databases
Posted by Andrew Gould on 10 November 2016
Creating the optimal design for relational database can be a long and complex process - this video takes you through the key steps of normalising data including identifying repeating values, creating separate tables to store those values, and creating primary keys, foreign keys and relationships. The video also includes a section drawing database diagrams, which is the most fun you can have when designing a database!
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.