REPORTING SERVICES VIDEOS
- SSRS Part 1 - Getting started with a new report project
- SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets
- SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
- SSRS Part 4 - Keeping column headings visible on each page
- SSRS Part 5 - Controlling the number of rows on a page
- SSRS Part 6 - Grouping in tables
- SSRS Part 7 - Creating calculated fields
- SSRS Part 8 - Conditional formatting
- SSRS Part 9 - Indicators
- SSRS Part 10 - Gauges
- SSRS Part 11 - Basic parameters
- SSRS Part 12 - Drop down list parameters
- SSRS Part 13 - Null values in parameters
- SSRS Part 14 - Cascading parameters
- SSRS Part 15 - Matrices
- SSRS Part 16 - Lists
- SSRS Part 17 - Linked reports
- SSRS Part 18 - Charts
- SSRS Part 19 - Subreports
- SSRS Part 20 - Basic Maps
- SSRS Part 21 - Pivot Table / Dynamic Matrix
- SSRS Part 22 - Document Maps
- SSRS Part 23 - Report Variables and Group Variables
- SSRS Part 24 - Report Templates
- SSRS Part 25 - Adding Code to Reports
- SSRS Part 26 - Custom Assemblies
VIDEOS BY AUTHOR
VIDEOS BY YEAR
Reporting Services videos | SSRS Part 19 - Subreports
Posted by Andrew Gould on 10 October 2012
A Subreport is simply an entire report nested within another one. It's a simple idea that allows you to separate the different sections of complex reports to make designing and formatting them easier. This video teaches you how to construct separate main reports and subreports, how to add parameters and filters to a subreport to ensure they display the correct data, and, of course, how to insert a subreport into a main report and connect the two reports together.
You can play this video on SSRS Part 19 - Subreports here (see viewing hints below also).
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.