C# PROGRAMMING VIDEOS
- C# Part 1 - Installing and Configuring Visual Studio
- C# Part 2 - Working with Projects and Solutions
- C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
- C# Part 4 - Writing Basic C# Code
- C# Part 5 - Variables and Data Types
- C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
- C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
- C# Part 8 - Switch Statements
- C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
- C# Part 10 - For Loops
- C# Part 11 - Foreach Loops
- C# Part 12 - Arrays
- C# Part 13 - Lists
- C# Part 14 - Exceptions and Error Handling
VIDEOS BY AUTHOR
VIDEOS BY YEAR
C# Programming videos | C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
Posted by Andrew Gould on 31 October 2014
If statements allow your code to perform different actions depending on whether or not conditions have been met. Part 6 of this series on Programming in Visual C# shows you how to write if statements and logical tests, how to perform multiple actions based on the result and how to include an else statement. You'll learn how to write nested, or cascading, ifs using a couple of different layouts, and you'll see how to use code snippets to save time when writing if statements. Towards the end of the tutorial you'll see how to test multiple conditions using compound operators and, finally, how to use the logical operator to write concise logical tests.
You can download any files that you need for this video from this blog.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.